Skip to main content

B is for Picker Girls

She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans.
She clings to me…
Won’t let me go.
She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans
If I touch her I’ll be pained again.

Wrap my arms round the thorns
The blood enhances the scent of roses
Needlessly vicious.
Should I die to become victorious?

She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans.
She clings to me…
Won’t let me go.
She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans
If I touch her I’ll be pained again.

Five to fourteen needle points
Pricks my heart
It beats a thousand beats a second
Five to fourteen needle points
Do not cling to me like the pickers that I walked through
That stay on my clothes like yesterday’s sweat
And cologne
You,
You nah.
You, you little prick.
You who make your bed beneath me
Stuck in the fabric
Stuck in the pores
Stuck to me like a pain in a roving blade of grass
Or a rose…

Five to fourteen needle points
Pricks my heart
It beats a thousand beats a second
Five to fourteen needle points

She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans.
She clings to me…
Won’t let me go.
She clings to me like picker on rugged jeans
If I touch her I’ll be pained again.

© July 27th, 2010
Tracy j Hutchings

picker is basically small thorns that stick up on you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms

B is for SideBar

i was going to talk about morality today. as in "whose morality do you subscribe to?" it was going to be deep if i say so myself. however, instead i will speak about requisitioning wombs . yes that's right... wombs . i was having a conversation with a girl who [i admit] i still go gaga over [cue the "paparazzi" audio clip]. we were talking about how stupid humanity had become and whether there was a point to saving them. "saving" in the sense of helping-them-expand-their-mental-space-just-a-smidgen-more kind of saving. she believed this exercise was futile and proclaimed that instead of trying to save this "dead-out" (my term not hers) generation, she was going to have kids. a means of passing on valuable information about culture and forward thinking and such. i laughed of course but she had a real point. i too have felt that this current landscape is all... dead-out, but never really saw procreation as a means of rebooting the system if...

B is for Adam & Eventful

We walked away from humanity that day  In hopes of something grander  So I  Called her god  And she  Said the same  And often she called aloud my name.  Vain imaginings ran the course And the leaves of the food that took us higher  Now clothed us in remorse.  “Poor Adam”  “Poor Eve”  Poor knowledge sent away till our children woke up.  As us.  And gods were born to them.  Vain imaginings…  December 17, 2010  Adam & Eventful  Three Text Maximum  © tracy j h