Skip to main content

B is for Lyrics

i wrote a piece some time back called "The belly of a god".
This came some time after. i'll record it and online it soon but here it is - the lyrics. "lend me your lap"
© Tracy j H 2010


Chorus:
Lend me your lap
I want to know
What it feels like
To sleep at night [repeat chorus]

1.
The night is cold and I grew colder
And as I wander I wonder if I would
Sleep tonight.

I close my eyes and I see creatures
Features of a mind that wants to
Sleep tonight

Hook:
Oh-to-lie-on-the-surface of the one
And-know-the-world’s-at-peace-inside-her.
And though-the-day-could-bring-much-hell
I-know-this-priest-would-fare-well
If only you’d…

Chorus:
Lend me your lap
I want to know
What it feels like
To sleep at night [repeat chorus]

2.
I’m growing sick of every crik now
And all my hope is gone
And I can’t sleep tonight

Couldn’t you. Be my. Lullaby.
So that I could finally sleep at night

Hook:
Oh-to-lie-on-the-surface of the one
And-know-the-world’s-at-peace-inside-her.
And though-the-day-could-bring-much-hell
I-know-this-priest-would-fare-well
If only you’d…

Chorus:
Lend me your lap
I want to know
What it feels like
To sleep at night [repeat chorus]

.... um.... yeah. "Lend me your Lap"...
© Tracy j H 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms

B is for SideBar

i was going to talk about morality today. as in "whose morality do you subscribe to?" it was going to be deep if i say so myself. however, instead i will speak about requisitioning wombs . yes that's right... wombs . i was having a conversation with a girl who [i admit] i still go gaga over [cue the "paparazzi" audio clip]. we were talking about how stupid humanity had become and whether there was a point to saving them. "saving" in the sense of helping-them-expand-their-mental-space-just-a-smidgen-more kind of saving. she believed this exercise was futile and proclaimed that instead of trying to save this "dead-out" (my term not hers) generation, she was going to have kids. a means of passing on valuable information about culture and forward thinking and such. i laughed of course but she had a real point. i too have felt that this current landscape is all... dead-out, but never really saw procreation as a means of rebooting the system if...

B is for Adam & Eventful

We walked away from humanity that day  In hopes of something grander  So I  Called her god  And she  Said the same  And often she called aloud my name.  Vain imaginings ran the course And the leaves of the food that took us higher  Now clothed us in remorse.  “Poor Adam”  “Poor Eve”  Poor knowledge sent away till our children woke up.  As us.  And gods were born to them.  Vain imaginings…  December 17, 2010  Adam & Eventful  Three Text Maximum  © tracy j h