Skip to main content

B is for "What She Said..."


Somewhere in my mind
Or maybe in the corner of my heart
Far left
Where I keep the issues of long dead stories
A film plays
This is what’s on the reel:

A circle of friends 
Gathered round the laughter
Maybe it’s Christmas
Or the mornings thereafter

His head leans against my side
His feet flail over the chair
And as we sit there
I play with his hands

It's not a promise of something further
It's not Eros or Impending Disaster 
I just… play with his hands.
Hands that know its way around a playstation
Hands that hold a console like a politician’s grasp on the money of a nation
Hands that play games…

I’m playing with hands that play games...
I’m longing for hands that play games....
I'm looking for hands that curl and flail
And hold me all along a trail
Back to … I don’t know where.
But it’s perfect there.

All our friends are there.
Laughing, eating, not caring…. That we two ARE and no more WERE
Four eyes caught
Two hands meet.
Hands that play games
I’m playing with hands that play games.

I’m playing with hands that play games...
I’m longing for hands that play games....
I'm looking for hands that curl and flail
And hold me all along a trail
Back to … I don’t know where.
But it’s perfect there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms

B is for SideBar

i was going to talk about morality today. as in "whose morality do you subscribe to?" it was going to be deep if i say so myself. however, instead i will speak about requisitioning wombs . yes that's right... wombs . i was having a conversation with a girl who [i admit] i still go gaga over [cue the "paparazzi" audio clip]. we were talking about how stupid humanity had become and whether there was a point to saving them. "saving" in the sense of helping-them-expand-their-mental-space-just-a-smidgen-more kind of saving. she believed this exercise was futile and proclaimed that instead of trying to save this "dead-out" (my term not hers) generation, she was going to have kids. a means of passing on valuable information about culture and forward thinking and such. i laughed of course but she had a real point. i too have felt that this current landscape is all... dead-out, but never really saw procreation as a means of rebooting the system if...

B in Future Traditions

THE COPY: I was sitting down listening to Norah Jones’ “Come Away with Me” and I began to think about future traditions. I thought… I want to sway with someone. Sway with my lover. To this music. More than that, I want that when we had an argument (and we’d have those because she’d be stubborn and I’d be pig headed (iChuckle)) we would never go to bed angry. We’d pop open a lover’s CD like this one and just sway. We may be as mad as hell but we would sway because we would never want to go to bed angry. And our children would know this. And they would never allow their partners to go to bed angry either because… well, because they would know better. They would sway. They would know it was better to sway. That’s the kind of man I want to be. Moreover, that’s the kind of tradition I’d like to pass on. Future Traditions. What's Yours?