Skip to main content

B is for Perfection

(do not click this - it is merely a screen grab. if you would like to see THE ACTUAL performance then click on THIS LINK... and ting)

last sunday i had the pleasure of being a guest performer and one of the judges for a... talent... showcase in church (more on The Church HERE). it was good to perform. besides - i thought- if i can dedicate my time to other important things (like Erotic Art Week for example - full report later) surely i can take some time out for The Church that helped me grow.

NOW!
like i said earlier - i was also a judge or rather... a commentator. and i had already determined that i was going to be Simon Cowell. but that was hard, because as i sat down to each perfromance i started to realise two things.
A. "We are getting irritated"
B. ""Why am i feeling so smug? IS this smug or maybe it's just irritability?"

why was i so irritable? i mean the idea was to SHOWCASE FUTURE talents. there was still a lot of molding and grooming to be had but... i don't know... Christians by all intents and standards sometimes get real lazy. i should know! i reeeeeeaaaaal lazy. and it annoyed me that these people are coming to perform... to MINISTER and some of them were just... there.

like there was this one girl who read a poem about God and afterwards i asked her "How do you feel about God?" because what i got out of her with that piece was just "i'm-saying-all-the-things-that-i-think-these-people-want-to-hear" and i got annoyed.
listen, if God is a big marshmallow to you then write a piece -
"THE LORD IS LIKE A MARSHMALLOW. HE COMFORTS ME IMMENSELY!"


i don't understand why people who claim to be have the power of the Living God within them... ACT inferior. how is it that non-religious people strive to be excellent and we just... do... whatever. i myself am supremely guilty of doing that. i can write [and good too] so... you know, whatever. but of late i've been feeling like i need to do more -BE MORE. and i'm going to. i'm going to be bloody well excellent.

i wish everyone felt that way. or maybe they do and [once again] i'm being really smug about the whole thing.

help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms