Skip to main content

B is for First Weekend

Re: The Text Project (that's...what i called it)

resolve is a glorious thing.
of course the lack of it is also a glorious thing too.

i decided to NOT send any unnecessary texts
to
NOT call anyone more than i have to. truly.
of course having said that, SUDDENLY i remembered that i had a world of things to tell people!
i must call so-and-so about this
i must text so-and-so because THIS IS JUST TOO GREAT!
i must. i must. i must. but i didn't.

not even when a strange number appeared on saturday saying "so y u switch off on me"
not even when one of my dear friends sent me a text complementing one of my pieces.

it's funny though . it's like saying "i'm going on a diet" and suddenly you realise "dam, i need chocolates." or saying "i'm going on a fast" and suddenly [and without warning] you...crave food.

i realised that all the things that I MUST say, that I MUST share... could wait.
could wait till monday (at the office)
could wait till i log on facebook (at the office)
it.. could wait.

the only texts i sent off this weekend was to a client who first sent me a message
and to a designer friend who's doing flyers for a poetry event.
and that was it.

i don't know what the end of this exercise, this Text Project will be but i feel like i'm on to something.
i shall keep u posted in between other relevant material.


pax.

Comments

  1. lol well i am glad to see that you are seeing some sort of relevance to this exercise...i cant wait to hear the end to this wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!