Skip to main content

B is for Obeah and Science

through a sequence of conversations on sunday, my mother and i ended up on obeah. now for those of you who don't know obeah is ... well ... think of it as pan african witchcraft. potent crap. anyways, i started to think of all the ingredients and rituals, people use to practice their dark ways and the most horrid thing started to happen. i began to break it down... with science.

with science you say?
yes.
but first, some ingredients/rituals...

1. bush bath (a bush bath is either when somebody gets special bushes whacked all over them or a bunch of bushes you ingest to get rid of the evil eye. for the sake of this exercise i choose the more violent option)
1. red lavender solution
1. x amount of salt (the exact amount is... unknown)
1. x amount of lemon
1. dose of pee

note - this is not the actual mix for a spell or anything, but rather a few items attributed with the workings of obeah. and now for the science of it.

1. bush bath - this treatment shocks the pores open.
1. red lavender solution - lavender has a calming effect (like chamomille)
1. x amount of salt - salt ionises and heals wounds and such
1. dose of pee - pee has urea compounds in it
1. x amount of lemon - citric acid and a boost of vitamin C

interestingly enough, urea, lime and citric acid are all found in QUIX - which is a dishwahing liquid distributed in Trinidad & Tobago.

thus ends the atrocious dialogue. good night.

Comments

  1. hahaha roflmao my word! this is such an eye opener lol oh shux i cant stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms