Skip to main content

B is for Finding Knowledge

Flipping amazing!

Last night (well I’m actually writing this Sunday night but for the sake of posting purposes…. Anyways), I found my books!
As I browsed through the pages I felt so high and so wondrously, deliriously happy. I suspect that’s how people in love feel. Hopefully all the time.

Hidden in boxes under my bed; covered over with sheets of dust, was knowledge! Glorious knowledge. Philosophy kind of knowledge. I found:

Notes from the underground – [which I had all but presumed dead]
Four out of six of my Narnia series – [from “A horse and his boy” to “The final battle”]
Jonathan Livingstone Seagull – [oh… wow! best birthday gift ever! After Kahlil]
Roll Call – [Paul Keens Douglas is a beautiful storyteller]
A time to kill – [John Grisham… wondrous!]
Love and Longing in Bombay – [Vikram Chandra – never read him but ok, wow]
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH – [I have a vague idea where that came from but…]

I found some other books and some papers – [like my first couple ads, and the short story that helped GET ME INTO ADVERTISING in the first place] but I got to tell you OH MY GASTRIC JUICES! I FOUND BOOKS! My library has gotten bigger.


Pax.

Comments

  1. Gibran's The Prophet is a gift to humanity...I got goosebumps and "I felt so high and so wondrously, deliriously happy. I suspect that’s how people in love feel. Hopefully all the time." feeling the first time I read it.

    Other highs were The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway, My Nine Lives - Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, Pasternak's Poetry of Dr. Zhivago, Jean Binta Breeze's poetry...Insanity. I love it.

    I got a hardcover copy of Walcott's Omeros for $5.00 (paperbacks of Of Mice and Men and Farewell to Arms as well) at a flea market in Arima whilst with Dave and Rodell -- they got some cool stuff too.

    I have The Memory Keeper's Daughter...if can't get past the third chapter -- want to borrow it? I'm wasting it's goodness by not reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aye! flee market books is the best too! people never know [i believe] the treasures they so easily pelt 'way for $1.00 or $5. soooo love books.

    pax

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms