Skip to main content

B is for Indignation (for Haiti)

Shame. Shame! Shame! Shame!
This morning I was going to do one of my other rants but after seeing the goodly Pat Robertson speak about the evil that is Haiti I decided to vent my windows a bit.

For those of you who haven’t seen CNN or perhaps, don’t have Theist friends, you probably aren’t aware that Mr. Robertson said that "They (Haitians) were under the heel of the French...and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said 'We will serve you'...and so, the devil said 'Okay, it's a deal' and kicked the French out," – source: FOX40.com

Okay…
Now as a Theist myself. No, wait. Let’s make it personal. As a Christian…. A Believer in Jesus Christ… there are some thing I believe in that the whole world doesn’t and I’m more or less fine with that. I for example DO BELIEVE that there is such a thing called EVIL and it IS headed by a very powerful being/angel/seraph/person who (by the way) does not parade with a pitch fork. That’s what I believe. Now if this head evil guy exists and he is quite smart, the possibility remains that he would disguise himself in any which way or form to corrupt mankind – they were after all created in God’s Image. [Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” – notice rule over the fish… not other men… ok.]

BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! WHAT GIVES ANYONE THE RIGHT TO POINT FINGERS at anyone really when we are perhaps more evil that most!

We (civilized people) start wars! And like the Cylons, we claim we’re doing it on God’s behalf.

I’m a lying, scheming bastard (on Tuesdays) and God’s Mercy has not been removed from me. My house is STILL standing. You park in the handicap spot. You lie to your spouse. You cheat on your taxes (hey that reminds me…). You have no compassion for your fellow human. AND NO BODY wears their seatbelts. Unless you see the “Babylon” coming (Babylon is the term used to describe police in the Caribbean). We all have evil deeds.

Maybe I’m off the shallow end of the God Pool but you know what here’s the God I know:
1 As much as he hates sin, as much as He’s all about Justice (and He will have his) be is also about The Love, The Understanding, The Caring of Us. Why else send His Divinity to walk here?

2 Those who are His servants have a responsibility to show what/who this Unseen God is through the goodwill to all men (NOT just at Christmas). Condemning Haiti for things some of them don’t even know about is just silly.

The apostle Paul walks into Athens. He is a believer in Christ. He sees altars. Many altars. And then he sees one labeled “to the unknown god”. Instead of commanding-the- earth-to-open-up-and-swallow-these-“cursed”-pagans-all to hell. He used that as his “in”.
“Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.”
– New International Version (©1984)

There is a way to do things. condemnation is not one of them.

By the way… has anyone considered… nature?
Has anyone considered that the more WE wreck the earth, the more OTHERS will suffer? And what about those things called Tectonic Plates – like the one under Haiti. How bout that? Once again, God looks like a big meanie because His followers don’t know how to act.

Or maybe that’s just my skewed perspective.


Maybe God is sending us a message through Haiti.
And maybe, just maybe that message is, “Shut up, unite and help YOUR fellow man already!”

pax

THIS JUST IN - Keith Olbermann :-)

Comments

  1. shut up, unite and help your fellow man already... well said and i TOTALLY 100% agree with everything you have said...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame is not a strong enough word.
    This fellow believer would like to hide her face and cry. We're losing our humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts and I too do not believe the garbage about God punishing Haiti for their pact with the devil. Did anyone notice the flood of relief for Haiti, maybe He realized that by bringing Haiti to its knees it would finally bring attention to a country that everyone turned their backs on. The shake up was not for Haiti, it was for all of us. Fear keeps us awake and active.

    P.S. Could the text possibly be a little bigger (for us older folks, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms