Skip to main content

B is for godhood

Here’s how it went down…

It was the night of my friend’s art exhibition. Opening night. Laughs, hugs, sales.
As the night wore on, my body began to tell me that in all honesty, the tiredness I was feeling for a while was real and I had to sit down. I did so, on shinning metal chairs under a spreading tree, where I was still able to have a pretty good view of the screen, which was playing the film I edited.

Yes, I am an editor as much as I am a writer. Insert thanks to a light called Ms. Mariel for showing me wondrous shortcut techniques that made my final cut life a whole lot funner. Yes funner.

Anyways.
A chair with the view of the screen.
Soon thereafter a boy came. He saw his friend and began to speak to him about things.
Me, living in a curious state, adopted the mentality of the natives and proceeded to maco in on the conversation. In my defense he was standing right over me somewhat, so there.

The more he spoke the more I realized he held brain cells. This may not seem fair to say. Nor should it have surprised me because my people had once interviewed him on various topics [seemingly] a world before. He spoke of philosophy and meditation; he spoke on his life [a young one – or rather an old one in young clothes]; he spoke about some decisions he had to make both hard and good and as I sat there hidden under my broad straw hat like a creature from my Caribbean’s world of mythology, it sort of dawned on me how bright he was. Quite, quite bright. Well done him. This world had made him bright. Trying to stay in touch with God had made him promising.

Except…
Except…
Except he never did say, “um, excuse me, I’m sorry. Am I blocking your view of the screen?”

He hadn’t attained godhood yet.
Have you?


pax
Tracy j Hutchings

© 27:08:10

more on my theory of godhood later... pax.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!