Skip to main content

B is for Intimacy [Heaven]

Lay in bed with your God
The softest sound comes from the beating of your heart
No need
To speak
Words are repetitive and altogether pointless
Your God… knows
So in the stillness of the day...
In the cool of the evening
You lay
On your bed
With your God by your side

And you think…
Why can’t all days be like this one?
No coffee cup devotionals
No run, run bye, bye, halfway kiss
No rustle, rustle – hustle, hustle
Just peace
As the soft whirring of a fan blade harmonizes with your heart
It beats a praise that only your God hears

And you can hear His heart
Too
Slowly yours and His sound like
One
As you lay in your bed with your God


And you think…
Why can’t all days be like this one?
Quickly ridding yourself of those people
To return to THIS PERSON
Quickly ridding yourself of those phone calls
To take HIS CALL

This God who decided to stay
The morning
The evening
The moon...
Upon your bed

No special occasion
Just a day to shut off the world in silent reflection
You. Your God. And the slightest whirring of a fan
Soon you’ll know HIS Plans

And you think…
Why can’t all days be like this?
A day when you notice things.
Strong hands
Steady heart
A sense of humor that covers like a blanket.
You. Your God. Resting in Heavenly Peace.
On a day like this.

© Tracy j Hutchings
In bed with your God
August 09th 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms