Skip to main content

B is for Dols


i performed this to some fellow monotheists and i asked them, how many personal gods do you have? no that might seem silly to someone (s) who claim to believe in a One God but every day each of us carry around these things: worry, worry of money, rage, rage, philosophy, fear, randomness. and these things we pay obeisance and hold high. they are our gods the dols we carry. this piece is called "The Burden of Dols". pax. 

Human hands grow weary of carrying gods
And even among my people… we just tired.
I was told, “in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God”
But somehow the singular became plural.
And heavy.
When did G-O-D spell out philosophy?
Questions without comfort
For an answer is like a thousand questions
And a thousand questions…

And the Hope of Hopes says, “Here’s a novel truth, let ME carry YOU.”
Oh, but we’ve been carrying these Dols for so long
That when the Hope of Hopes speaks, we think it’s a hoax!
So while we question this new reality,
We carry
Philosophy on our backs.

Human hands grow weary of carrying gods
And even among my people… we just tired.
“The children come to the point of birth and there is no strength to deliver them.”
I heard a king say…

I want to shout: Abandon all hope
All who carry Dols
Because these personal gods are weighty.
And in the back of your mind, you know…
You know
You know there’s no one there to save thee.

And the Hope of Hopes says, “Hey! Take 5!
Drop your burdens and smell the air, you’re alive!”
But when wind hits raw shoulders
The pain is remembered.
So quickly!
Quickly to your memory
Carry the gods in comforting agony.

Human hands grow weary of carrying gods
And even among my people… we, just, tired!
I paid for the entire car!
Cause gods go far and take up much space!
But no sacrifice is out of place
When your Dol,
This new personal god
Was just
So
Beautiful.
And I took her, to my sanctuary
Sit on the throne of my living home

But…

I carried…
Must I feed them too?
I hear, flesh is delicate this time of year…

And the Hope of Hopes says, “Here’s novel idea, let me take you there.
Past the places you fear.”
But I’ve heard it all before.
When she
Used His
Words…
Took my hand and by her actions I was…
Wounded.

And the Hope of Hopes speaks
But who really hears?
‘cause our minds have gotten weak.
Sweat blinds the masses
No, not one sees that the Hope of Hope passes
Bye.

The Burden of Dol
© Tracy J Hutchings
18:09:2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms