Skip to main content

B is for Awake


When I wake up, I’m going to either be very grumpy or very relieved
I would’ve either come to a conclusion or discovered a beginning
When I wake up….

When I….
When.
When will I wake up?
This dream is surreal.
This dream they say IS REAL.
And I am to believe it.
Believe that this color combination
This disquiet within the nations
This topsy turvy, twisty and twirly screwed up
Ness…
Is exactly what life is.

I must’ve taken something strong.
Strong enough to knock me out into a perpetual haze
This unconsciousness
The conscious unconsciousness of sleep
Because my mind IS AT WORK
Hustling
Hurtling
Through thoughts and logics and pains and strategies and formulae and reason
And pain.
My mind IS AWAKE
Paneling through images, formulating problems
Solving those problems
And creating more
More of the same
My mind IS awake
But my body isn’t
Or else it is
In this dream that every body else THINKS IS REALITY.

I tell you…
When I wake up, I’m going to either be very grumpy or very relieved
I would’ve either come to a conclusion or discovered a beginning
When I wake up….

When I….
When.
When will I wake up?

13:11:10
tracy j h © 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms

B is for SideBar

i was going to talk about morality today. as in "whose morality do you subscribe to?" it was going to be deep if i say so myself. however, instead i will speak about requisitioning wombs . yes that's right... wombs . i was having a conversation with a girl who [i admit] i still go gaga over [cue the "paparazzi" audio clip]. we were talking about how stupid humanity had become and whether there was a point to saving them. "saving" in the sense of helping-them-expand-their-mental-space-just-a-smidgen-more kind of saving. she believed this exercise was futile and proclaimed that instead of trying to save this "dead-out" (my term not hers) generation, she was going to have kids. a means of passing on valuable information about culture and forward thinking and such. i laughed of course but she had a real point. i too have felt that this current landscape is all... dead-out, but never really saw procreation as a means of rebooting the system if...

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!