Skip to main content

B is for Lyre [the devil is a...]

i wrote this last year. though the feeling has passed from me... 
oh hell, i thought about dumping it, i thought about re-editing but jeez.. it's gone. still what is left is this. so enjoy the devil... is a lyre. pax tracy j h



The devil is a lyre.

Feel good music.
Close your eyes and follow the pied piper.

The devil is a damn lyre.
On the count three, breathe deeply
Your soul’s in need of thee.

Wait a minute!
Forget the seconds
Your eye’s too big for your stomach
Full of lies.
Your stomach’s full of lies that he told ya.
Walk it off, walk it off foot soldier.

The devil is a lyre
Softly sweetly playing that depressing tune
The one we love while we lick these wounds

The devil is a lyre.
Eager fingers pull strings trying to find their voice over a tight beat.
Still got played.
Gold shining
Recently sprayed
Hides the rust and tetanus… from us.
So we play on. Players.
Instruments of destruction
Play on. Player
Faces die from malnutrition but don’t stop the music.
Still your nerves. Take a drink
Still more needs to be played
The truth is in the chords.
Oh God, the cords…
Too cold here.
A little music? By the fire?
The devil is a lyre

December 15th, 2010
© tracy j h

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms