Skip to main content

B is for The Musician

I imagine strings of tousled hair lying freely on my pillow
Or her pillow
Or our chair

I imagine cradling her as she cradles that which cradles her song that cradled her thoughts
And me
Lying there next to strings of tousled hair
From a woman who plays with my heart
As frequently as she plays her strings

And I am the instrument
As she is an instrument
And this smile in her eyes
Echoes the midnight hum of a new chord
That churned within her heart
That leapt up her chest
And burned through her fingers

I imagine kissing fingers
I imagine striking a chord with navels
Till the sound of the flute escapes from her lips

I imagine many things as the thought passes and dances…
A heart that beats 150 beats per minute
A body that sings in the cool of the day
A chorus of giggles that lead you to bed
And strings of tousled hair
Lying freely on my pillow or her pillow
Or our chair

The Musician
April 29th, 2011
© Tracy j Hutchings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms