Skip to main content

B is for the Mother-Neck Bird Saves Christmas

*Dear Friends... there IS an audio recording of this. it's rough but it is all yours for the listening pleasure. message me and the mp3 will be yours [most of you know how to reach me anyways]

The mother-neck bird flies high and higher
From its incessant song, it does not retire
Which would be fine on any other day
But it’s Christmas, and I want to spend it my own way!
With glad tidings told to my bed
And not a chip, chip CHIRP… all around my head.

"Listen mother-neck bird" – I said
"If you do not stop this singing, yuh go surely dead!"
Alas the bird was hard of hearing
And while I should be more caring
The fact remains, it’s an unholy hour
So you keep chirping, I’ll make plans to devour

Perhaps the fault lay with me,
If I hadn’t drunk so much, I wouldn’t have to get up so much to pee
But the mother-neck bird does not care
About the fact that I had one more beer.

Hmmm! Beer batter. Beer batter!
It makes fish and poultry tastes all the more better
So off to the kitchen, with haste I might add
Tasty mother-neck bird! Rejoice and be glad!
Oh but I can’t do that to such a beautiful creature
Even if I am inundated with useless birdlike chatter
And pecking, and pecking on my window
And scraping and scraping at some retard hour, ya know.

Sigh

So I poured me some ponch-a-crème and into a bowl
A little bit too for the annoying little fowl
Then back to bed for a season of sleeping
For I was broke and not going to give anyone anything

Then sometime later, oh my word!
Something lay keeled over, it’s the mother-neck bird
Turns out eggnog was not in his diet
But I got Christmas dinner, oh what a riot!

And that’s how “The Mother-Neck Bird Saved Christmas [dinner]”

Merry Christmas one and all

Tracy j H
Sunday 23rd Dec.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms