Skip to main content

B is for Sorcerer


He stripped bare, walked into the 4 am light and sank into the waters.
It was cold. He didn’t feel it. Not in the way we think.
The void was a local anaesthetic, it numbed the waters.


He came here to do his Naaman trick.
Dip in the sea and cure himself of all impurities.
Salt will cure the broken bones, the heart less cured, the bumps, the infections and the situations.


He came here to do his Naaman trick.
But really, he had a plan.
If this failed, if he was not cured one way, he would be free another.


A cupful of water, finds its way to the throat of the deceiver. He chokes on salt water in his bed.
A spinning of water loosens the earth, and the opposer’s house floats down the river instead.
A handful of water, in the pale moon light to cool the head of the lover.

...

And that would be it, save the lifting of hands, save the lifting of waters, save the crashing of waves on his broken skin. Save the pulling from the shore. At 4 am, when the world sleeps and healing was his portion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!