Skip to main content

B is for lord of the young gods

(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).

Here’s the difference between me and the Saviour.
I need a saviour, He came to save ya. …
But their intelligence was sorely missing
And now before I hit three and three
I have to grow new bodies.

My disciples?
They’re an eyeful.
Hot young minds, brash tongues with intellectual
PROWESS.
In the right light you might say “goddess”
But the lady doth protest and her brother is completely numb.
So I come, with a new thought.
New thought
New way
New jokes
Same old consequences.
The crowd claps and thanks the Lord while I sigh
“Lord. Aye, Lord…”
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).

The earth applauds the spark in the eye
But in the same breath, they rush to terrify.
I know. You thought I’d say the other thing
But hear’s the thing: that’s… not my thing.

I’m trying to bring the light
You want to bring the night and INSIST you must be right.
Right.
And I know my logic is flawed
But that still don’t stop them from whispering,
“Oh my god”
My God. My God! I wonder if she thinks I’ve forsaken.
My God. My God! Please tell her that she is mistaken.
I just…
I just know, what I have to do now.
Help them find truth now.
Help them think with a brain now
Not a penis.
And I insist, the gods all need a brain not a penis.
Not so much…

Still… since waters run deep
Why must I be the anomaly?
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).

Think fast! Past the bleating sheep.
And nothing’s wrong with being shepherded.
Just as long as you know what the shepherd did.
And they don’t.
Now maybe that’s just ego
But I know I left that in the pants downstairs…
Really.
When did I become the lord of the young gods
Who gathers round to see if my tongue is wine.
Fine.
Who wants some good news
My views:
I just want the world to think.

Maybe through these ward...
Maybe these wards will fuel that.
With pouty lips
And strong hips
They will get the message out
That I am not the anomaly, I just choose to sound it out.

But in the meantime
In between time
While the task keeps on mounting,
You know, I’m still pondering, wondering really…
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).
(when did I, when did I) become the lord of the young gods (the lord of the young gods).


Tracy J Hutchings
© 15/06/13

#lordoftheyounggods this is how we begin.
when it came to me some days ago, i blamed Lupe but it's not him. i think it successfully said what i was dancing around for a great many years.  over the next few days, check back here as the manifesto expands. pax.

Comments

  1. awesome, deep, looking forward to see how this expands and bubbles forth ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessir. we move forward in the process.
      pax
      tracy j h

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms