Skip to main content

B is for Sati's Daughter

No fraternization between gods!
You stay on your side... and I on mine
And ideally... ideally we should be fine.
But I have seen the daughter of Sati
My life is wrapped up in the folds of her hair

To be clear, i have no interest in her Mother
My Father has proven enough for me
Yet frequently I seek out her stories
Sitting on a tongue that sailed the ocean
Resting in palms that mirror mine to pray

This is where it all falls down again
Down the folds of a sari
Into the navel of the daughters of Sati
Where I often thought of burying my head.

Not that there's a difference with Buddha's Warrior Women
Or... even the sons of Darwin
He, who long since hid all the gods in a closet with last year's winter clothes.

But it's always been her, hasn't it?
The writer, the musician, the virtuous one.... The Same.
And me trying to remind myself to LEAVE-PEOPLE-GIRL CHIL'-ALONE!
She
Sati's daughter
When my own cousins should have caught my eye.

The hall monitor screams: "No fraternizing between gods!"
I make another tea, ceremoniously decline
And wait for a gift from mine...

T.j.H.
17:03:2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms