Skip to main content

B is for Theist Week (mid season premier)

Previously on Theist Week
Episodes 1 to 3 + The Break in Transmission


Episode Four - Resolved.

When I was little I was told via National Geographic (never stop reading) that man came from monkeys. I thought that was the biggest pack ah arse I ever heard. Evolution… Ha! I rolled my eyes like the rooster who KNEW that chickens don’t live in trees. But as I grew older I realized that man quite possibly descended from monkeys… just look at the average politician.

Seriously though, evolution by its very nature contradicts the Word of God so quite naturally I casually dismiss it with a wave of my finger as false – (anything that exalts itself above the knowledge of God is false – google 2 Corinthians 10:5) – but the thinking that turned theory into fact still exists and shows (I know AT LEAST one person who would say “proves”) that evolution has a point. Or rather, SCIENCE (the mother thought) has a point. And so the antagonism continues between those who believe that God exists (theists) and those who think he’s as real as the tooth fairy (non-theists). Yet I am convinced (convinced I tell you) that Science and Faith can be resolved. To show – much to my dear friend’s chagrin – that Science and Faith are not mutually exclusive.

I feel deep within me that Faith explains The WHY things were but Science explains the HOW. They are NOT… mutually exclusive. I like Science.

And now it’s time for the daily contradiction – I still don’t buy evolution. I still say that the root of Life lies in God. And unlike my friends at the Big V, I don’t believe evolution was part of God’s plan. But I have theorized that some (all?) scientific research & discovery can link back to the faith based words I read in the Holy Bible. Besides, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.” – Isaiah 55:8

For example: Practically all life (plant or otherwise share chromosomes with us. Like the fruit fly. * Or the potato which has 48 chromosomes 2 more than people and the same amount as a gorilla. Here’s my theory:
If God made the Heavens and the Earth, and man literally came from the Earth (dust)
Then is it not possible that the same nutrients that formed the Earth & all its plant life, be embedded within God’s greatest creation? (goggle Genesis chapter 1&2)
Therefore man and nature are closely aligned due to the effects of creation at the molecular level.

Ok that’s resolved. Here’s another one.
There are great heights on the Earth that are battered by the sun. yet these rocks contain evidence of a water past. Even some of their shapes are credited (can be credited) to the effects of water erosion. Of course it is not lost to me that land rose from the sea (which I could probably trace to Genesis…) but here’s another theist theory:
If water is evident in these now dried natural heights
Then is it not possible that this could’ve been the result of the great flood that covered the whole Earth (goggle Genesis 6 & 7)? The sea would’ve rose and lets be honest. Salt water can erode (not exclusively so but…)
THEREFORE the great flood shaped the great mountains.

Okay, okay one more. quick one.
What if man’s early migration over the earth be linked to the Tower of Babel incident?
Brief History:
1. Early Man builds a huge tower to reach Heaven ("Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth." – genesis 11:4)

2. God comes down and confuses their language (Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." – genesis 11:7)

3. Man gives up the project and starts to disperse (That is why it was called Babel--because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth. – genesis 11: 9) – the full account is very groovy – goggle Genesis 11: 1-9)


Seriously Tracy?! Seriously. Those are some of my theories. I know at least one person who can (and probably will) explain to me in lucid detail the error of my theist ways. Chuckle. God bless technology. Science and Faith will be resolved. Yes Todd, it will. Perhaps none of my theories are right. Perhaps they are. But science is too rich a concept and faith too wondrous a philosophy to not be a related. O ignored for that matter.

I refuse to believe God gave us a right brain hemisphere to believe and a left brain hemisphere to relegate Him to a cupboard.

This is what I believe. This is why I read. Knowledge of both sides can ONLY help my cause.

Pax

*About the Fruit Fly:
Genetically speaking, people and fruit flies are surprisingly alike, explains biologist Sharmila Bhattacharya of NASA's Ames Research Center. "About 61% of known human disease genes have a recognizable match in the genetic code of fruit flies, and 50% of fly protein sequences have mammalian analogues."

Source. Here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Loving Boys

90's boy love - Joey n Chandler.... a moment of randomness between Catharsis videos There are boys I love . And they love me. And we’re open about it. Just last Saturday I got a text message from one of those boys who said “I love you too man” in response to something I said. My boys are artists, artistes, atheists, and agirl (who is in fact one of the boys so hence the addition to the category) fathers, brothers and high school musicals (Jed and Umar will get that one – lol). We share ideas, music, random nothingness and Brent Worthington . We approve, reprove and listen to each other. I think the girl that I end up with must in fact be like the boys I love. Good looks aside… please… have some substance. One of my boys is appalled that I watched Gossip Girl (if you’re going to bash it… know what it is first) and has for this [and other minor reasons] jokingly labeled me a homosexual. But he who looks like Miley Cyrus with rainbow bandanas should not talk [chuckles]. I love my

JUSTICE LEAGUE SPOILER-FREE ISH REVIEW!

W.A.T. PRESENTS: Till The Tank Runs Dry

A few shots on the road. Stock video. Free library music. And a narration by Ayodhya Ouditt. Here's a short piece of something, "Till The Tank Runs Dry" [because with no budget comes great responsibility]. Take it in. Be Well. #wearetracy #wearetracyfilms